beacon site | contact | (866) 488-3620
Jeff Pickle

Google AI – Artificial Intelligence is the future of Google Search

Over a year ago at the Annual American Association for the advancement of Science, Google co-founder Larry Page stated, “The ultimate search engine will understand everything in the world.” Google will carry out this plan using computer science algorithms and their vast database of human knowledge.  As reported in the Edge.org, a Google employee let it slip that, “We are not scanning all those books to be read by people. We are scanning them to be read by an AI (artificial intelligence).”The ultimate goal of search is to recognize human speech and formulate an intelligent answer. Instead of typing in a search, perhaps you will talk into your mobile phone to get directions or information from the Google AI.  Science fiction will soon be science non-fiction and you can check out the real-life video here from Google Tech Talk.

The speech was given by Ben Goertzel – Director of Research at The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence and head of Novamente. Novamente receives financial support from Google. Ben Goertzel will be speaking along with Peter Norvig, Director of Research at Google, November 15-16, 2008 at Convergence08. Heady stuff.

9 Comments

1. Pak Tam
    Posted September 28, 2008 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

I hope you don’t mind if I quote some of this in my blog. :) Pak Tam

2. Jeff Pickle Jeff P
    Posted September 30, 2008 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Sure Pak, whats the name of your blog?

3. Jeff Pickle Jeff Pickle
    Posted November 18, 2008 at 8:29 am | Permalink

The future is here. Google’s mobile iphone app has voice recognition.

4. Joannah
    Posted March 30, 2009 at 2:28 am | Permalink

Joannah

5. Jeff Pickle Jeff Pickle
    Posted March 30, 2009 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Joannah,

Although you don’t really exist, thanks for the auto generated comment from your creator’s spam program. I took out the links, so now its my own self-serving ego boost and not your self-serving seo boost.

6. Jeff Pickle Jeff Pickle
    Posted April 2, 2009 at 9:25 am | Permalink

CADIE awakens. Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity.

7. Danilo Ribeiro
    Posted March 5, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Hello guys, I’m a computer scientist from Brasil and I’m a kind of philosopher, I like thinking about the future of humanity.

I thought which would be the next great revolution that will change the way people interact with each other, and how society will be transformed into a new kind of organism, literaly. People would be compared to cells and, with the help of robots, we will be able to change the classical conception of life. And a great artificial intelligence will take control most things that we do in our routine, which make us too busy.

Maybe the economy will dramaticaly change into a new kind of organization that will be more fair and people will think about the others more then they think about themselves. We won’t have to work so hardly and enjoy the life would be more simple.

Google will do this for us =P. Just keep looking…

see you in the future!

8. Axel L.
    Posted March 18, 2010 at 3:11 am | Permalink

@ Danilo Ribeiro:

Totally agree with you.I think the same about a new organism emerging in a near future and we will become to be the cells of “it”.

But think in a different way about the results for us, I mean, in the same way that I don’t worry about the necessities of my individual body cells, this new entity will not worry about us as individuals,it just gonna use us for his necessities.

We are near the second Cambric explosion and we are going to be the cells of this new ultrasuperior entity wich we can not comunicate due to the huge difference.

See you in the future too!

9. Posted April 8, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

@Axel

What?? huh??
    I have no idea what you are talking about.
    But I do know this…